Sunday, September 28, 2008

Banana leaf rice in Auckland


Today I tried for the first time banana leaf rice in Auckland..Yes I have never seen a banana leaf meal until I was having a holiday in KL in June this year. It was definately an experience to see how the food were served and the banana leaf being used as the plate!

They had a $14 buffet special on Sundays whereby you get 2 types of curry, side dishes, rice and popodums. Buffet so you can keep asking them to refill the dish.



The side dishes were probably the nicest haha. They had shredded carrots, cabbage, lentils, tomato onion dish. All the side dishes were really tasty:



Thier teh tarik and roti chanai were not as nice as the one in Sri Putri. Overall, I think this place is good for their banana leaf rice but to have other malaysian style dishes I still prefer Sri Putri in Panmure.


Here they only serve 1 roti with one curry whereas in Sri Putri, they serve 2 roti and 2 curry at the side:

1 comment:

DoopsieOopsie said...

Stephen was just saying the other day that he's craving for chicken briyani. Perfect timing la. I'm definitely gonna check out this place. Thanks babe. :)