Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marble cake

Very disappointed with my first marble cake today because

1) the top of the cake cracked :



2) I didnt mix the chocolate mixture well with the first mixture so it doesnt look like the colours blended well. It just looked like chocolate on top of the white which does not = MARBLE



Several reasons why cakes crack on top and I think mine was because the oven was too hot which it was. It said 180 degrees but I put it on 190 degrees...oops ;)

Also I kept opening the oven door to check if the cake was done...shouldn't have.

However, the cake looks good if you put some icing over the top to hide the cracks!!! What a brillant idea! I just left the cake as it is because when it's cut up it doesn't look all that bad.

After making cakes, I still prefer baking chinese snacks but they do sometimes take twice the time because of the individual items rather than one whole batter chucked into the tray and into the oven. Shall i say I prefer looking at the cakes and snacks rather than baking them ;)

Hmm perhaps fusion baking is better because you get the best of both worlds like mixing pandan flavour into butter cake like this:



That's what I think is amazing...how different cultures can bring together something so delicious to eat!

Ok going to Eve's pantry now to meet a friend and perhaps try something that looked like it can be eaten haha

No comments: