Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Despite what goes on the world

Just a few thoughts about how the world seems like it's crashing.

Financial institutions crashing
Crazy gunman shooting students in schools
Politicians all debating and focusing on minor and immature issues
Fuel, house and food prices going insane
and the list goes on and on

So...it's quite a thought to think about how even though we are going through all these things on earth...there is the stability of God's world.

His word says that he NEVER changes, he stays the same yesterday, today and FOREVER. Hmmm so even if the world goes haywire I know I need to keep my focus on what God says in his word and in WHO HE IS. The way God's world operates is truly different to how the human world operates. Where there is lack of money because of inflation and all the turmoil on earth, it should not translate and affect how we live for God for his ways and understandings are WAY higher than ours.

It's something that definately keeps me fearful - what happens around the world makes me scared....I have no doubt about that BUT I know that MY GOD is BIGGER than all that and like Psalm 112:1 says Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments.

I always have to remind myself : instead of "worrying" why not divert my thoughts and energy into who God says he is and that he delivers the righteous.

No comments: