Friday, October 3, 2008

Dreamers Cafe

This morning I met up with Carol and my cousins LE and Dan at this cafe just along Great South Road. The first time that I went was with LE and I was happy! Why? 1) They had date scone. 2) they had banana cake, both of which falls in my favourite bakery items and 3) The cafe was not a normal cafe as I expected.

Thier food cabinet which consist mainly of sweet food:


Ok, so I've tried the date scone and it was alright. Banana cake was quite nice but there was this strong taste and LE thought it was chocolate but I think it was just the black bits of the banana when cooked.

Soy hot chocolate:


It is basically part cafe part jewellery shop that sells bags, gifts, books, hand made jewelleries. It seems like the smaller and hidden away the cafe is, the better the coffee and the ambience. As you can see, the tables are right next to the items. Actually it reminds me of the chocolate boutique in Parnell where we sit next to the chocolate gifts, dairies etc etc.




Dan and LE posing:


The cafe was part indoor and also outside in the patio which is great for SUMMER!

This is us girls outside the cafe which if you never go in, you will never know what goes beyond: It's a little bit like knowing God haha I know it's random...well if we don't allow God to come into our hearts, we will never know how GREAT he is and what is install for us!


Btw, this catch up was to hear the happy story of carol's engagement! SO so so HAPPY for her!!!! It's so romantic....you should hear thier story and thank God Paul didn't get any injury on his feet while hiding the ring box in his sock the whole time!

Dreamers Cafe

Location:
148 Great South Road, Remuera (next to post office)

Ratings:
7/10 for food
9/10 for service
9/10 for atmosphere for being outdoors and indoors

No comments: