Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baking therapy

I couldnt sleep at all, woke up at 5am and decided to have breakfast and hmmmm bake again?? I really want to perfect the lo po peng. Yesterday i tried another recipie but it did not turn out nice. I'm having difficulties in making the mixture right. The mixture was too watery and I added more rice flour and it turned out like hard as after it was baked.

So...today my mixture was watery and it basically leaked out of the dough but it turned out alright just that I have 3/4 of the filling left and I don't know what to do with it.



The filling inside seems more like what I think lo po peng should look like...a stickier filling that when chewed it stretches out. I enjoy making the pastry side of it but still need to work on the filling.

You know, baking and cooking is an art...it takes the right measurement and it takes practise and abit of trial and error. It's abit like walking with God...we will never be perfect all the time. It takes time to cultivate our walk with God, to hear his voice.

Having physical food is important and many of us will probably know that we are food lovers and as you can see in this blog it's mainly about food. If we so need and depend on physical food, what more do we need spiritual food to sustain us in our walk in life? Is the spirit not important that it contributes to how the body functions too? I remember my pastor spoke about how when one is really sick and probably dying, it is the fighting spirit that gives that person hope and life! To know that God lives in us and the power he has given us to live life abundantly on earth!

Alright I smell of baking and I can't believe it's not even 9am! Write more laters!

Oh Marcus tried these biscuits and it does not taste like lo po peng but there is this unusual taste and aroma that makes it really nice to eat! He named it Ashley's winter cookies. So...i'm going to name them winter cookies instead now haha ;P

No comments: