Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tau Sar peah

Today I made another type of tau sar peah using a different dough ingredients. I don't have a weighing machine so I had to convert all the measurements and play around with the mixture till the texture is right. I really liked the outcome and the texture of it when biting into it.

Here are the cookies off to the oven: blushed it with egg yoke and sprinkled with seseme seeds:


Out from the oven:


Here they are:


Close up:


Inside:


Verdict: Family says it tastes better than the previous red bean flaky mooncakes I've made. Apparently the pastry taste better and it's more presentable ;)

My next mission is to try try mung bean filling next time..or wife biscuit when I can. Red bean seems to be the easiest now because I don't have to make it from sratch!

No comments: