Friday, September 19, 2008

Mooncake festival

Today at mum's she brought back a box of mooncakes from classic bakery in Greenlane just by the car wash and I was so intrigue to give them a try! They are rather expensive with one mooncake ranging from $3.50 to $10 depending on what kind it is.

The mooncakes were so pretty and I love the look of how flaky the mooncake looks and the strong colour of the pastry! I tried making red bean flaky mooncakes as shown in my blog but it doesn't seem to be this flaky which is what I wanted to achieve.

This one my mum thought it was mung bean filling but when i cut it open it had a savory filling with some kind of meat floss and mushroom. I actually liked it although I think I would prefer the sweet mung bean filling:


This is a taro paste mooncake

See how nice the flakes are:


The inside filled with taro:


The yellow flaky mooncake is filled with kumara, I know it is a wierd filling but it really taste like kumara with pieces of it! I am so impressed with what kind of filling they can put inside!


I was stuffed with moooncakes today.....couldn't resist trying them especially the wierd kumara flavour! I will stick to red bean or mung bean it's still the safest filling.

No comments: