Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hong Kong

During our trip in Hong Kong, it was basically raining the whole time we were there! We had to borrow the hotel's umbrella and pay a deposit everytime we used it!

Hong Kong is definately very vibrant and colourful with all the lights at night. It is very crowded and packed, and I thought Singapore was bad but it's like 10 times worst!!!

I am amazed at the differences and similarities between Hk and other parts of Asia. Breakfast was a good experience here because some places did not have english in their menus so we had to point to pictures!

A typical breakfast here is a either macoroni soup with ham and egg or egg sandwich or congee or dim sum. They seem to have eggs and ham everywhere we go!



Simple egg sandwich with milk tea



This breakfast place we went to only sold Chee cheong fan, congee and soya bean milk (which I believe they made themselves):



On my last day in HK, I still have not tried the polo bun that I came here for so amazingly we went to this cafe and they had it there!!!
It is very big with a slab of butter inside it, I wouldnt say it was that great but with my milk tea anything taste good.



Talking about similarties, you don't actually have to travel all that far to get similar food back home like this in Ipoh: Kaya toast and milk tea. Yes I love my milk tea and Im starting to like the Xi Mut tea at Old white town coffee now everywhere in KL. Probably more popular for Malaysians than Starbucks!



As for ice Kajang and the lot, you also can find it back home. At the shopping mall beside our hotel, we decided to have dessert at one of this japanese restaurant that sells the most amazing desserts i've never seen in my life! There were so many to choose from and I honestly wanted to try them all but just stuck to what I knew best - red bean green tea shaved ice topped with ice cream. I can't believe I finished the whole thing myself! - It was huge! That's probably how I put on the weight! ok part of it anyways!

No comments: