Tuesday, June 17, 2008

KL - parts of the trip

First day in KL dad bought us chee cheong fan from the market and it was absolutely delicious! I especially like the sweet sauce and I could probably just eat the cheong fan with the sauce FULL STOP.



Dim sum in KL is yum too! We went to this place where they make the dim sum themselves and they are so cute! The sizes of the dishes were so small compared to the ones in NZ! The big Pao was so HUGE but was really delicious as you bite into the egg and meat and the juice of the meat comes out!




Had many other food here but didn't take much photos of them.

One thing I've started to enjoy is eating Bak Ku Teh. However, ever since dad brought us to this place in Klang I've had second thoughts. The meat was so tender and the soup was delicious! Too bad I didnt take any pictures of it however, I do have this picture of Bak Ku Teh we had somewhere in Subang and it's very different as they have more added ingredients to the dish.



Went to Kim Gary during our stay here as well because I really enjoy eating HK food but this time the food does not seem to be that great. Thank God there were other things to go with that like this red bean shaved ice hahaha...and of cause the ying yang cha.


Another new thing I've tasted is hawaiian roti...instead of the normal roti or even the cheese or kaya one... there is a hawaiian roti. Inside is as you expect pineapple and sausages topped with mayo. It was an interesting taste.


Banana leaf rice was something I've heard of but never actually seen before. I was amazed at how it works! They used banana leaf as the plate and the waiter will come and dish the food onto the leaf. You will get a few veges as side, rice and curry of your choice!

No comments: