Friday, June 20, 2008

Short trip back to Singapore

We decided to drop by Singapore for a day since we happen to be in JB so might as well.

For dinner, we decided to have chicken rice and stopped by Bugis to meet up with a few friends and oh my goodness I am amazed at the change! At the basement of Bugis used to be a food court and a few shops in the middle selling bags and the like. Now, it's filled with more food and more food!

It looks like a night market where they sell all kinds of finger food except that it is in the shopping mall with air conditioning inside. There were lots of new food concepts that I've never seen before. There were food from Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan etc etc it felt like I was in Taiwan or something! "(even though I've never been to Taiwan but it looks like those markets I see on TV)

Mochi Ice cream with all different flavours, you can buy these in a box like how you would buy moon cakes etc:



Fried stuff on sticks:



Korean food: Meat on sticks



Pancakes: this one was always there but had to take a picture of it since I didnt have one this time



I was going to take more pictures but I felt really weird standing there in the midst of everyone looking so I only managed to take a few.

I wanted to buy and try everything but obviously that is impossible because we were going to have dinner and I can't finish everything?? But I had to try something so I tried this otah thing which again is a new concept for me because I've seen Otah in the leaf but not like this. It's called Otah taquito and there were a few flavours: Crab, chicken, prawn, nyonya and I tried the crappy I meanet crabby one. It tasted abit like crepes but with that Otah spicy taste.



Too bad I didnt have much time there to look around...next time.

No comments: