Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Malaysian dinner at home

Today is Queen's birthday so no work today. Spent my day just at home watching dvd and being lazy. Having bad headaches lately which I am not sure why but it's been very uncomfortable. Walked to Charmaine's place and waited for Siaw Hui to come back to prepare all her specialities!!!

She made Kolo mee, Chicken rice and Laksa!!! She is so good in preparing all these being out the WHOLE afternoon!!! I honestly felt like I didn't have to go back to Malaysia if I get this everyday!

Not only was the food good, another good thing happened today.
Ken proposed today at Bastion Point! So sweet...at last! haha congrats to them ay and what was amazing was she had to worry about preparing the dishes for all of us tonight too!! Well done Siaw Hui!

I wanted to take some videos to show mum and dad but they were too shy so I didnt manage to take Ken's speech but it was definately very unexpected and I'm so happy for them and my to be sister in law!



It was a very full night with lots of cakes and conversations about different cultures and how different cultures had different traditions in marriage!!!

Ok about the food, I didnt manage to take the rest of the food but this picture of kolo mee really looks like the ones that are being made at the hawker where they pull the noodles to mix with the gravy!



And Voila! The perfect kolo mee home made! Yummmmm

1 comment:

euroasia said...

that's really interesting. the kolo mee looks good