Sunday, June 8, 2008

Addiction

Being addicted to the Word of God is the same method of being addicted to other things in life. The more we put ourselves in it, the more it consumes our physical and mental life. Yet I find it so hard. How easy it is to be addicted to other things and simple things like coffee, work, stuff...but where it really matters is our hearts.

How often do we check our hearts so that when Jesus comes or when things happens we are ready, or perhaps more ready than not?

To walk in faith and power in my life I need to cultivate that hunger to read more of God's word, to draw from his word so that in whatever I go through my thoughts and actions comes from God.

Heb 4:12-13

The Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double egded sword. It penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it jugdes the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

His word is full of wisdom and guidance. It is so true that as we trust in him and put him in the centre of our lives he brings peace and love. Perfect love casts our fear.

John 11:37

If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me as the scripture has said, steams of living water will flow from within him.

When I'm tired, go to God
When I'm confused,go to God
When I'm dry, go to God

Drink, consume, draw, take from the Lord, for his spirit will give us strength from within. A spirit that is living because God is a living God that enables us to do great things if only we believe!

Life is not meant to be done alone, no man is created to be an isolated island but to be in relationship with the Lord.

No comments: