Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bananas

Today the weather looked groomy and I had bananas in the fridge to finish up before I go so I decided to try a new recipie, this time with crumb topping like the ones you find on apple crumbles.

After baking and eating I went to one of my fav chinese bakery again to get my pork floss bun and banana cake...sigh I need to stop buying all these bakeries!!! Btw, I know I just made muffins and had some and u're probably asking why I still went to the bakery??? Yap...welcome to Ching's world. I don't know myself!

Banana Crumb Muffins
Original recipe yield:
10 muffins

PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 35 Min

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10
muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking
powder and salt.

In another bowl, melted butter, sugar, egg, and mashed bananas

Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

Crumble topping:

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and
cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse
cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick
inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.




The muffins look burnt because of the crumb topping caused by the brown sugar so it's not me that burnt it ok ;)

No comments: