Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What you can't find in NZ

While gorcery shopping and "window" shopping this morning at Macquarie Park Centre which is about 5 mins walk to Marcus work I was amazed at the variety of food they have here. I was actually amazed at the real figs I saw because I've always seen dried ones and really enjoyed eating them but never seen the REAL ones before!! Maybe I should say FRESH ones rather than REAL ones lol. The figs cost 80 cents each and i was so tempted to buy one to try it but not sure how to eat it or what with...I should google it & attempt it next time.


There were other fresh tropical fruits that you definately can't find in New Zealand & the variety of fruits reminded me of Singapore...








I've found out that fruits here are not that cheap at all. Bananas are $3.89 or something per kg compared to $2.89 in Auckland when not on special. Avocados here were $4.99 for one when not on special. Sometimes I'm confused by how they calculate their food, for example broccoli is $7.95 per kg which actually I'm not sure how to calculate because in NZ we buy per head.

There were also other stuff like a whole lot of cheese, and spices such as this:


I'm not a very fruit and vege person but my eyes were definately astonished by what can be found here! It is no wonder how easy it is to be creative and to explore the world of cooking because of the amount of ingredients you can find here.

Besides that I did buy a banana bread and coffee for indulgence and had lots of sushi too....my bloated tummy is definately not coping..

No comments: