Friday, February 5, 2010

Makan @ Alice

Tonight we had dinner at this place called Makan at Alice's about 30 mins drive from our place recommended by a friend for their chendol.


Honestly, after tonight I felt that Auckland Malaysian food was so so much better given the smaller population. The chendol tasted great and reminded me of the ones in Melaka, this could be the gula melaka. The Teh Tarik was alright, better than those in Auckland BUT the food...well let's just put it, I miss Selera and even Sri Putri because it's not that great that it stood out for me. The price also did not help given that the food was only so so.

Fried Kuay Tiew


Hokkien Mee


Nasi Lamak


I had the Nasi Lamak & the beef rendang was quite nice but I don't know why I prefer the one in Selera New Market...the portion here is small for the price of $12.50.
Food is so EXPENSIVE here!!!!

We were discussing about how we should open up our own kopi tiam or old white town coffeee or something since it is so hard to find good malaysian food.

Teh Tarik



Delicious Chendol





Chendol cost like $5.50.

So you guys in Auckland better enjoy your food there coz it's actually good =)

No comments: