Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My atempt in macarons

I failed in my first attempt making macarons and it must be the egg mixture and just not being in my own kitchen!

I had to buy all the ingredients from sratch as I didn't bring any from Auckland...and was amazed at the stuff they got here in the local supermarkets.

I tried making macarons again and this time my mixture was still a little runny and I my cheap piping bag broke so that did not make my piping easy! I should have drawn little circles on the baking paper so that i had consistent sizes, I guess I was overly ambitious!

They turned out better than expected because I did not have the right temperature in the oven so I had to keep a close watch on these as they seem to get burnt and done in what seems to be seconds!


The filling is chocolate ganache with a little rum flavour in it which gave it a really nice smell! The mixture was not spread evenly as the cookies were not even shapes so I had to mix and match.

I have so much to improve on next time!!!! Time to reflect!

No comments: