Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Red bean green tea flaky mooncakes

Today I finally tried baking something I've always wanted to do but just didn't.

I finally baked red bean green tea mooncake with the flaky pastry as the dough. It was not very easy to make the different layers so after making half of it I sort of realise what I needed to do to make it more flaky...I think I have to roll it more.

Anyway here are some pictures of the red bean mooncakes:

Red bean paste: Always handy to have one in the fridge so that you can make red bean stuff...


There are two different dough to make the pastry: The water dough and the oil dough (in green because of the green tea powder):



Roll water dough out and wrap oil dough:



Roll into ball:



Roll out again:



Filling the dough with red bean:



Off to the oven for 15 mins:



Voila out of the oven ready to eat:



A snippet of red bean inside the mooncake:



Very crispy and nicer to eat when it comes out fresh from the oven with the red bean still warm and the pastry falling apart as you bite into it.

No comments: