Monday, February 9, 2009

Pancakes for a lazy day

During waitangi weekend we went to attempt tongoriro crossing but due to the wierd weather we decided to chill out at the bach instead..we stayed at a bach in turangi that Liz booked from her work and we had a great time just relaxing.

One of my favourite breakfast/brunch is pancakes and berries or yummy golden syrup on top! We decided to make our own pancakes so Liz the cook made up the pancake mix that you can simply buy from supermarkets and made us pancakes!


I bought strawberries in a can and peaches to eat with the pancakes and instead of using golden syrup we used honey instead.



Does it look like the ones in the cafe??? Except I would have decorated it with icing and more fruits and syrup but I didn't want to overdo it for the picture =)

It's really easy to make these pancakes and to indulge in them without going to cafes but it's nicer if there were more people to enjoy it with so that you can make it look nice and enjoy looking at the faces of delight and satisfaction!

On the way back we stopped by Tirau just to have my scone. Tirau is a nice little stopover on the way to Taupo with many little cafes and unquie shops selling jewelleries, gifts, and special New Zealand items. I had to go back there because I enjoyed it the last time we stopped by I had the date scone but my friend Hui Cheng had the plain scone and had cream and jam with it. I tried hers and was like "hmmm yum nice with cream and jam" and thought have to order it nxt time. So, we came all the way here and some how this time it just didn't taste the same. I don't think i'll stopped by here again.


However, it wont put me off my love for scones!

No comments: