Friday, February 13, 2009

Paris in Auckland

Once or twice a month me and my boss would go for lunch and try out a new cafe. I've discovered two places in onehunga that does lovely date scones where I've been buying it every morning before work! I don't bring my camera to work so I haven't got the chance to take the pics!

So if you are ever in Onehunga and deciding where to eat, I recommend Luscious and Columbus Cafe.

Luscious does great salads and cabinet food as well as a range of sweets such as caramel slice and lovely brownies! As you enter into this cafe it seems very small but there is upstairs as well! It does get very crowded during lunch times but it's worth a try

Columbus cafe in Onehunga has a lovely courtyard at the back. It's great for a nice brunch outside as they have a range of cabinet and cooked kitchen food available!

Today, I tried a new place in Mt Eden called Eiffel At Eden. Check out thier website - http://www.eiffel.int.tc/
It's located at 985 Mt Eden Road, Three Kings.

They have a range of sweet pastries, tarts, croissants, quiches, pies, cheese, wines and bread that makes you feel like u're in France. I tried thier chicken quiche and it's very creamy and rich. The pastry was very different and it seems like that was the deciding factor that differiented other quiches elsewhere.

Check out thier menus as well because I thought they only served cabinet food and realised they had other food too after!!!

So, if you are looking for a cafe with a french twist then Eiffel at Eden is not a bad place to visit!

No comments: