Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In the midst of all that is happening around the world

I am reminded of a few verses that I need at this time of uncertainty and fear on how natural diasters can hit anytime. The economic recession and global warming leading to many factors such as change in weather patterns, high sea level rising, earth quakes, cultural and economic changes affecting how people behave.

I go on to read about what Global warming is due to the fire in Victoria that has already seen 200 people dead, 700 houses destroyed. It reminded me of this verse:

Mat 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


Where is our hearts? What are we investing in? What are we more concern about? The things unseen or the things seen?
Am I investing into life things that will last after I'm gone from this earth?

I started to read into things that made me more worried and I felt nauseated and wanted to puke it out. I decided to move my thoughts and my confusion and fear to the word of the living God, the one that knows it all and has the final say. I can let fear and uncertainty rule me, or I can let the peace and love of God cover me in my thoughts and my heart.
Scientists can say all they want about how the earth is changing and have many theologies and seems real and the earth will forever be evolving, but Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!

Like what Pastor Paul preached about at church last sunday night: Have I fought the good fight, finish the race and kept the faith?

No comments: