Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sri Putri

One of my fav malaysian places to eat is at Sri Putri. We would go there at least once a week to eat the usual and and to satisfy my teh tarik and roti craving. It always seems to be pack when we are there. It's actually very popular amoung my friends - we tend to always see Keith and Aaron there and tend to missed Liz and my other singaporean friend Hui Cheng who goes there regularly too! Today, Sri Putri was packed again and we had to sit in another cafe next door which sells one of the nicest banana bread and coffee. This cafe closes during the weekend so it's pretty good how Sri Putri has used it to thier advantage!

Today I had the Fried kuay teow and Ice kajang because I felt so hot! I think the kuay teow was rather nice compared to other places i've tried and the ice kajang was nice but too little red bean =( However, I don't know many places that sells ice kajang so it's the closes I could get.





I left Sri Putri wanting a charm tarik (mixed coffee and tea) so i asked if they do takeaway thinking it might be in a plastic bag with a straw sticking out like the ones I get in Singapore (oh that's probably for cold drinks). So to my surprised it's probably wierd but they do it in a takeaway cup and I had that in the car =)

After lunch, went to Botany for some grocery shopping and saw Rio kicthen opened just beside the Tofu shop. It's definately new because i've never seen it there before! So yes, I went in to visit and bought lo por beng and you know what??? It's probably the BEST one i've tasted! I like this because the inside is so guey and there is not as blend as others. OH and the pastry is so crumbly when I bite it it's just so nice! Lo por beng cost $1.80 here. There were the usual chinese bakery items too. However, this Rio Kitchen seems to sell less items as the one in meadowlands.

Come to think of it, I never used to enjoy eating lo po beng because it wasn't as sweet as other bakery i've had. Looking back, I think i've finally moved on from my intense love with red bean and into other things. I don't know if that is a bad thing because when I go back to Singapore and Malaysia my bag will be even more full of bakery!


Alright, I must admit I did buy red bean green tea bun because it just looked so good and moist! Indeed it was moist and the red bean blended in so well with the green tea flavoured bun....yum yum!


6 comments:

lizzy0r said...

Eh speaking about lao po bing... there's a shop in basement of vivo called xiao hong dian and it used to be 611 tao sa piao I think. It sells all types of tao sa piao. I only tried the pineapple tart and it was quite yummy. thought of you. took photo but a bit blur. show u next time.

Sweetcraze said...

oh oh..yes i heard of that name before (611 tao sa piao!) my bus stops there when I arrive in singapore so will go and buy a few!!!! thanks for the info!

leekit said...

i think the TEH and Charm are definately nicer at that new Kaya & Toast place in the city...

Sweetcraze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweetcraze said...

Really? I only tried the normal teh but always wanted to return to takeaway but no parking....be good to give the teh charm at the kaya place soon maybe this weekend then!!!

Thanks for the info!

Sweetcraze said...

I've finally tried the teh charm last weekend - very nice!