Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ponsonby Foodcourt

There are only a few Asian foodcourts that I would consider my favourite.

1) Food Alley (Leaves you very smelly though)
2) New Market Foodcourt on Teed Street
3) Ponsonby village international food court

I used to go to Mercury Plaza but the place honestly needs a good clean up! Once we found a small cockcroch in the Ba Kut Teh we ordered! Even at the supermarket Gum Sar, the vegetables were growing mould!!! Ok enough of the disgussing talk.

Today after church we went to Ponsonby food court and as usual, the favourite places we go to is the Malaysian/Singaporean Albert's place. I've noticed the portion of the serving has reduced greatly! I guess it's the increase in everything huh! The price as usual also increased and everyone just expects it and it's ok to pay for it. I can still remember one plate of noodles is $6.50 a few years back, went up to $7.50 then $9.50 and now $10 plus depending on where you go and eat! It's like daylike robbery!!!
Hokkien mee:


Fried kuay Teow and Char mee:


Wonton noodles from "Golden Express":


Pad thai from Ruk Thai:


I enjoy the Kebab store too and everytime I go there on Sundays, the Japanese "Dami Sushi" always seems to be closed! ;(
One shop that I do want to try is the "Mexican and Maya Food" which I need to be in my adventurous mode but it looks very interesting and different. The rice is shaped in a pyramid and the food seems to be very delicate and nicely presented.

Ponsonby Village International Food Court
106 Ponsonby Road

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hi! I randomly found your blog when I was browsing the Auckland bloggers list! Your blog is so interesting =) I really like food too!
Do you think you can give me your recipes for Wife biscuits, egg tarts and the red bean green tea flakey mooncakes?
I really like Classic Bakehouse too! Their pudding and taro sandwiches are soo YUM!!
And also, if you like yumchar, you should try out Ocean city restaurant in city, its really cheap, and they have those nice umm taro on the outside and its kind of crispy and on the inside its mince? I'm not sure what it's called but I really like that! Anyway it would be really good if you can get back to me =) I have a blog too which you can comment back on or you can email me at jessielly@hotmail.com =)=)

Sweetcraze said...

Thanks hun!

Glad to know there are people like yourself who are interested in food too!!!

Am going to post the recipes for u, so keep an eye out for them ;p

Anonymous said...

LOL

I do agree about the "fresh" fruits/veges in New Gum Sarn.

The Malaysian looks good!!