Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trip to Singapore

When I went to Singapore I tried a few of my favorite desserts but I should have updated myself with what is good around here so that I could try them. It's hard to eat when travelling by myself because you can't simly buy everything and eat everything! I didn't end up going to Maxwell or any other recommended places to eat.



This is thick toast topped with heaps of milo and drizzled with condensed milk. It was really really sweet but I love it. This was at the airport in one of the food places I don't know the name of. Honestly...my mouth was saturated with sweet and i did feel sick...

Very different to the good old roti and curry



Another breakfast famous here is Kaya toast and Ya Kun toast at tiong bahru is just a good walk in the morning before I indulge in this yuummy breakfast:



At Wisma food republic..so many choices for hot desserts...I wanted to try everything and I especially wanted red bean soup but I though hmm try other desserts with red bean with it???



so I tried...



Red bean with Tau Foo Fa ..first time trying it and it turned out nice not too sweet because of the Tau Foo Fa.

Rojak at Food Republic



The Hokkein Mee here always has a long queue or so I hear but it looks and taste so good so I guess there is a reason!



I keep hearing about toast box while in NZ from my friends in Singapore so I had to try it for sure! It turned out alright just toast that I could make at home I guess...But peanut butter tasted good with milo.




I love dried fruits and one of my fav is dried pepsimons that I can only find in Chinatown. Everytime i go back, i'll definately buy these. It is very popular during Chinese new year



Meepok in Chinatown: The fishballs here were big and soft. The noodle were nicely done with a very yummy sauce.



Another Mee Pok noodles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading yr blog... same on me being a singaporean but u seem to know more about eatouts

Sweetcraze said...

There's just so much more to eat in Singapore! Can't wait to go back again! =D Let me know if you know of any nice places ya!