Saturday, January 9, 2010

Early Saturday morning

It's been awhile since it was just me and Liz hanging out & since we are both early birds (coz I can't see to sleep in!) we decided to have breakfast at Jones (Liz's fav cafe). When I meant early, I really meant early because we were the FIRST customers of the day! After we ordered, it became busy.
We had their mochas which was special because instead of the normal cocoa powder or syrup that they mix with their milk, they put a heap of chocolate buttons at the bottom of the glass and then top it up with the milk which gives it a richer chocolate taste.


Their banana chocolate bread is also very nice toasted but i felt quite sick with overindulgent of chocolate for the morning


After breakie we decided to go for a walk to the markets and we saw some really interesting carrots that were purple and yellow: you can cook it and eat it the same way as normal orange ones =)


There were the usual cheese, veges, fruits, coffee, wines, turkish delights, fritters, olives, bread, but my sweet tooth led me to one of these small macaroons. Somehow, they did not look as BIG & as NICE & definately did not taste as good as the Sydney Lindt ones I had.

I look forward to checking out the markets in Sydney and see what they sell there. It was a great morning spending time reflecting about the year and enjoying each others company. Oh and Liz taught me red bean soup today, don't add the sugar while it's boiling otherwise won't soften! Thanks, I finished the red bean soup she gave me & it tasted like the ones in the restaurants, I was satisfied!

No comments: