Saturday, October 10, 2009

Trip to Singapore & one night in KL


I only manage to post some of the food that I enjoyed eating in my recent trip to Singapore.

My favourite is Mee Pok which is similar to the Taiwan dry noodles Zha Jiang Mian, Kuching Kolo Mee or just like Spagetti. I enjoy my mee pok with fishballs but some have minced pork on top. The best Mee Pok I tried during this trip was at Tiong Bahru markets. This market is well known for their local food, their paos and many other food.


Something away from the local food...scones!! As you may already know, I have a love for scones...any type of scones is fine as long as they have a nice texture. Knowing I enjoy scones, my friend brought me to this place inside Takashimaya in Orchard. It's called Royal Copenhagan Tea Lounge. There they had high tea sets and popular for their scones. The way they served their tea and butter/cream was very interesting too. I would definately come back here to eat their scones again!


Ok now for this new Hong Kong restaurant in Sunway Pyramid in KL! I don't know where else has good wonton mee or ying yang cha (coffe & tea mix) but at CANTON-i in pyramid I thought that this was one of the BEST wonton mee I've tasted! The noodles were so fine and the sauce was perfect and so was the size! I finished the plate in no time!


They also had char siew which was also very nice:


They also sell dim sum and other dishes but obviously we couldn't order the whole menu but this couldnt pass my eyes! I saw it on the menu and I knew I had to try it! It's something like egg custard inside but to my surprise the taste was actually as good as it looked...




I'll definately come back here again!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Lovely pics, delightful read! Glad you enjoyed the wanton noodles..

Sweetcraze said...

Loved it, wouldnt mind going back again next tm hope it will still be there! Eat more for me thnks =)