Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolate Sunkun Brownie cupcakes

NO MORE BAKING!! That's me trying to stop myself from baking consecutively for the last 2 days!! Today I tried making chocolate cake but made it into cupcakes instead...because of the high heat and small mixture I think that's why my cupcakes sank in the middle =( Hence the title of this blog.




Despite the look and my family all asking me why it sank in the middle, they all said it was yummy and it finished within minutes!

What you need:

150g unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
150ml water
1/3 cup cocoa powder
some chocolate bits (optional)
1 2/3 cup cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g castor sugar (I used abit less)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method

A)

Combine butter, salt and water in a small pot. Cover and cook over low heat till the butter has melted and the mixture is about to boil.

Add in cocoa powder and chocolate bits (optional) whisk until smooth. Let it cool completely.

Preheat oven to 180˚C.
B)

Sift cake flour and baking powder. Add in sugar and mix very well. Stir for at least a min.

Add in eggs and vanilla to the cocoa mixture and beat until smooth. Scrape this mixture into the flour.

Stir with a whisk until smooth, then spoon batter into a greased baking pan.

Bake for 20-22 mins

This chocolate cupcake turned out with a brownie texture which make it yummy. Next time I will do it in a proper cake tin!

Note to self: strawberry season is here soon will go well with chocolate desserts!

No comments: