Monday, October 19, 2009

Banana Sponge Cake

I can have banana cakes and bread anytime! It's just easier to buy them than make it especially if im the only one eating it at home! HOwever, had some bananas even though they are not very very ripe I thought i'll use them up before they rot and cause flies to come!

So I've decided to try this new recipe I got from the internet and it turned out nicer than I thought and it smells SOOOO good with banana chunks still intact! The cake is so moist & spongy!



The recipe is very simple and here it goes:

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
3 medium bananas
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour (I used cake flour as it seems to give me a lighter texture)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
100 ml Canola oil or Cornoil (I used canola oil)

Method:

1.Grease baking pan
2.Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
3.Sieve flour, baking powder, and soda together
4.Whisk eggs, sugar and banana at maximum until batter stiff
5.Add in the sieved flour and fold well
6.Add in oil and mix
7.Pour into baking tray and bake for about 30 mins to 40 mins

Smells great & the taste was light and moist, and with banana chunks stil intact reminds me of goreng pisang...family also loves it and said it's definately a recipe to keep!

No comments: