Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cheesecake on oreo cookie

Today's weather was so bad that I didn't end up going out at all but had a lazy day in. I decided to try baking something new and attempted making cheesecake because I bought cream cheese so though what can I do with it? Also...my cousin Ford loves cheesecake and chocolate so if it taste alright i'll pass one to him tomorrow haha.

It's actually really simple to make. I got the recipe from Little Corner of Mine. I didn't want a recipe that had too many ingredients so this was great. Also, I used oreo cookies because that was the only cookies in my cupboard and I LOVE OREOS!!!

This is what it turned out from my muffin trays before I put them in the fridge to set:


Smells like cheesecake but not sure about the taste will know soon!
These cheesecakes turned out really small so you can't really taste the cheese part but maybe after eating a few you will! Ok definately need to run tomorrow Ford!


Ingredients: (Yield 12 cheesecake cups)

Base:
Round cookie of your choice (I used Oreos)

Cheesecake topping:

1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, soften
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg

Method:

1. Lined paper cups in muffin pan. Add in round cookie of your choice.

2. In a mixing bowl, add in cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, beat with an electric mixer until blended. Add in egg and mix until blended. Spoon cream cheese on top of each cookie cups, divide among 12.

3. Bake at preheated 350'F for 13-15 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Decorate with gels, sprinkles, fruit preserved, chocolate syrup, whipped cream if desired. Store in refrigerator.

Ok time to put them in the fridge!

No comments: