Saturday, October 25, 2008

Craving for pancakes

I had cravings for pancakes every weekend, not the ones at macdonalds and not wafers...I wanted pancakes drizzled with maple syrup and topped with bananas. So we googled pancakes in Auckland and couldnt find anything so decided just go to Parnell and check out the cafes.

I've always wanted to try Dunk cafe when I go to the post office while working at Euroasia...and so we did! And guess what???? There were pancakes!!!! Blueberry pancakes, banana and bacon pancakes....yum yum. I had the berry pancakes and it was hmmm nice but it felt a little strange having warm pancakes with COLD berries...it just didnt go for me. However, it satisfied my craving for pancakes. The hot chocolate was creamy and SWEET! As you can see I had a very "sweet" time.




Marcus had hash brown tower which has baked beans (which causes gas by the way), mushrooms, hash brown, bacon topped with an egg. It wasn't that tall of a tower though.


So...I would definately go back again and try other food. They have cabinet food and lots of slices as well and DATE SCONES!!! Now i know where to go for pancake cravings...and i'll try the banana and bacon next time! Coffee is great too because it's allpress coffee which is always good!


Dunk Cafe

Location:
297 Parnell Road

7/10 for food because they served me COLD (more like frozen) berries on my pancakes
7/10 for service
7/10 for atmosphere, can be abit noisy as the cafe is not that big

No comments: