Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yay it's Friday

I need a job....otherwise im going abit insane but other than that it was good ken and nette asked me out for coffee so we went to Kenzie nearby. Kenzie is located on 557 Manukau Rd, Epsom. It is my weekly coffee place because it's near home.

I really like thier coffee and soy chocolate here. Basically, anywhere that does allpress coffee I like. They sell cabinet food as well as cooked food.

French toast:


Mushroom and some saussage thingy with soggy harshbrown at the bottom...


After lunch at home, went to mum and baked more red bean flakey pastry cookies and afternoon, went to get stuff for tomorrow's steam boat and I couldnt resist NOT buying Ma lai Koh from the tofu shop. I really like these kind of bread and in Malaysia/Singapore I would always look out for these and buy them for snacks. In KL in early morning markets they sell them and have different flavours like Pandan and those pink ones I have no idea what they are called!

Anyway so much food to eat during the day, I so need a job so that I can get moving and keep myself away from them!!

Ma Lai Koh can also be found in Yum Char but I think the only ones that does it is in Grand park...

I think there is a Malay type and a Hong Kong type Ma Lai Koh but I like them both!
They are so soft, so spongy, so light and rich at the same time...and not too sweet...I think the similarity is that they are both like egg steam cake. I remember having a durian egg steam cake from Takashimaya in Singapore. They could be baked too but I guess it doesnt matter how they are made as long as it's nice.


Ohh I bought Tar sar peah too because I love them too! Tofu shop charge like double the price of RM...obviously and it was brought from Malaysia. I have to stock up on them when I go back because I finished all the ones I bought in June this year all by myself...


Well i enjoyed the cake with a nice cuppa Aik Cheong Coffee packet ones always taste good....What would we do without them??? Buy more coffee frm outside or maybe drink less which is better for me...

No comments: