Friday, September 2, 2011

Tan Viet - Do you feel like crispy chicken tonight?

One of my favourite places to go in Sydney has got to be Cabramatta! I like it because it brings me back to Asia with it's vibrant colours, amazing bakeries and food, and the bustling atmosphere!

I like how I can find my favourite pandan chiffon cakes, sugar cane juice, durian shakes, dim sums, Vietnamese desserts and many tropical fruits such as Durian, Jackfruits, Starfruits, Longans, and the list goes on...so whenever I have visitors and I have a car I'll bring them to Cabra to eat with their eyes and their mouth!

So with my sister in law visiting Sydney for the first time this week I had to bring her here! Before we went, I had to search for places to eat as I'm not familiar with that place at all! So, we ended up at this place called Tan Viet on 100 John Street. We were expecting to have the usual beef pho and spring roll vermicilli but to our surprise it wasn't in the menu!!!! We looked around and realised very quickly that they were popular for their crispy chicken and noodles which can either be soup or dry! So, obviously we ordered that and was really satisfied with the freshnest of the ingredients and the tenderness and crispyness of the chicken.


I am not surprise why there is a line outside most of the time while we were in there! We were glad we found this place and definately will return! Just incase you were curious, they also serve spicy beef stew and you can have their bread rolls to dip in them. Also, they had tomato rice with some kind of meat with it. I'll have to give them a try next time!

Name:
Tan Viet Restaurant Cabrammata

Location:
100 John Street
Cabrammata

Price:
Crispy chicken with noodles or rice = $12
Most dishes above $12

No comments: