Sunday, October 31, 2010

Artisan Bakery in Crows Nest

Visited a church in Crows Nest today & since I'm HARDLY out this way we decided to have a quick bite nearby on a hot and sunny day! There's definately many choices of cafes here in Crows Nest & it was quite hard to pick one to try.

However, I came across this Artisan Bakery & decided to check out what they have inside....and then i spotted scones!! Yap I love scones! They had a selection of scones that includes pumpkin and pine nut, orange with chocolate, raspberry and white chocolate and last but no least savory scone. I decided to try the pumpkin scone to go with my soy mocha and it was really light and nice. I regret not having my camera with me to take pics to show but what I liked about this scone was the pumpkin bits inside and the crunchiness of the pine nuts. Normally I would have thought that a pumpkin scone would just be orange and made with pumpkin puree, but this had actual chunky bits in it and it had a light texture as well which was great, not too heavy and too buttery!

They do a range of pies, quiches, sandwiches, breakfast, and other delicious bakery that includes tarts, cakes, croissants!

I would definately pop by again if I head out that way!

St Malo Bakery - 83 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest – (02) 9906 6256

No comments: