Friday, March 12, 2010

Chinatown Markets

During the break from a women's conference I'm attending over the weekend, I happened to be in Chinatown coz it's just infront of the convention centre where the conference is held but also because I can't run away from the bakeries there! Well...besides buying the usual bakeries which I dont even NEED!!! I realised there were stalls and markets that are only there on a Friday and I've never actually been to one before! Well, to my surprise they had food stalls that I didn't know existed in western countries...well not where I'm from (Auckland), well not on a weekly basis that's for sure!

There were stalls like:

Pancakes


Bbq Pork


Chilli fishballs


I bought prawn takoyaki which was not bad


...and of coz I couldn't turn down red bean soup which really made me BLOATED!!! Sigh I don't know why i put myself through that!!!


Besides red bean soup, they also sold mung bean, black rice, sweet tofu, ice red bean

Besides the bloatedness, tiredness and burning my tongue from the red bean soup, I now know what I can get on Friday nights at Chinatown & I can say I've been to their markets!

No comments: