Sunday, June 6, 2010

Going nanas

I just love the smell of freshly baked banana cake or bread and the taste when it goes into my mouth! Yesterday I baked a banana cake instead of my usual sponge cake and decided to top it up with slicles of banana...however, when I inverted the tin, the cake came out perfectly but left the bananas on the tin so I had to scoop it up with a spoon and put it back lol!

I had to wait patiently to cut the cake at night when our cousins came over for dinner as you always want to know how the inside turns out after baking!


Banana cake with strawberries in the centre spinkled with icing over the top


This recipe is definately a keeper with its simple and few ingredients needed and definately a different texture to the sponge cake giving it a more firmer richer texture.

No comments: