Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crazy little Bakery

We were recommended to this little bakery on Bourke Street in Surry Hills and we thought how bad can it be, I'm sure we can find a place to sit. HAHAHA. Yea right...when we drove past the little corner shop, there was a line queuing and there were only like 5 tables for 2 along the outside of the stall! Inside, there was not much room at all! It was definately a nice little "french" bakery type place and I had to order my usual soy mocha to give it a try! The mocha turned out to have a very rich chocolatety taste that was very creamily yummy but I could'nt really taste the "coffee" aspect like i would with other coffees. I can imagine how rich and delicious their hot chocolate will be like!

Anyhoo, on our second trip to this bakery because I wanted to get some fresh bread for dinner & because we were taking a drive to the city we stopped by Bourke Street Bakery again. Guess what. There was a long line as usual. The line goes pretty fast though so no worries as long as you don't mind bringing ur food elsewhere to eat!

There was a few nice french pastries and desserts there such as this strawberry vanilla creme brulee $4, more to the sweeter side as you can imagine with these treats


They had lots of nicely fresh baked bread and I wanted to pick up one for dinner so decided on olive fig flatbread $4. It tasted and smelt so divine that it's enough to eat on it's own!
I didn't do a very good picture of the bread but it went well with olive oil and i'll definately go back to get thier yummy bread again!

No comments: