Saturday, May 15, 2010

Crumbles

Today I think i've found an apple crumble recipe that i'll definately keep! Despite my oven acting funny and burning and overcooking ALL my baking since I've been using it i'm glad that my apple crumble turned out good.

Made this apple crumble today from seasaltwithfood blog and I love the aroma and sweentness of the apples mixed with cinnamon and sugar


The finished product topped with smooth crumbs, the texture of the crumbs are fine and smooth and apple crumble cannot be finished without vanilla ice cream!


Recipe
Base:
3 Big Granny Smith Apples, peeled cored and sliced (I cut mine into cubes)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon

(mix and set aside in a baking tray)

Topping:
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes

1) Mix flour and sugar together
2) cut butter through flour mixture and rub together till crumbs like
3) Sprinkle flour mixture onto apple mixture
4) Bake for about 30 mins or till top is golden brown

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!

Enjoy!

No comments: