Sunday, May 2, 2010

Be happy think happy!

I deal with many customers on a daily basis at my work at the bank. I really enjoy the different cultures and ages that I talk to. The young ones teaches me about ambition and how they want to work and study so that they can get a job, the working ones reminds me of how they need to work in order to pay bills, support family and the more advanced in age often teach me about how life has changed so much over the years, and how they just simply enjoy the same simple routine everyday.

During my many interactions with the elderly customers, I ask one of the lady what makes them so energetic and healthy at the age of 90 (or if their over 70). I remember this lady telling me the key to her health and longevity is to be happy.

TO BE HAPPY....................

WOW

I just stood there shocked by how simple her answer was and yet it's so true! Being happy means we have a healthy heart, to live simply, to not bear grudges against others...

It reminded me of the verse

Proverbs 17:22 which says a cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

So, I have to put in more effort to make sure that I am happy by examining my actions, and the things that goes on around me and weather they are neccessary to be "stressed" or worried about!

No comments: