Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Classic Bakery opened

For those interested, there I just found out a new classic bakery opened around the corner by foodtown Dominion Road! I think it's along Valley Road at the end near the lights. They sell the same bakery as other Classic Bakery but has one or two items that are not found in the other shops.

Yay for more chinese bakeries but dangerous for my wallet =( I went in there and came out with 3 cakes that I have to now finish.....sigh

Talking about food....I was thinking about this verse and the word Yoke (relating to food) came to mind and I thought i'll just post it up.

Matthew 11:29-30

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

What does Yoke mean in this, why use yoke as an illustration?

“In Biblical times, the yoke was a device of great assistance to those who tilled the field. It allowed the strength of a second animal to linked and coupled with the strength of a single animal, sharing and reducing the heavy labor of the plow or wagon.

we're not made to run this race alone but to lean on Jesus's yoke and by being in relationship with him we know that he removes our sins that so easily entangles us and our burdens that weighs us down making life seem so complicated and heavy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is your favourite Chinese bakery?

Sweetcraze said...

I think I still prefer Classic at greenlane because it's closer to home but I like the wife cake and sun pastry in Rio bakery and again it depends what you want as the different bakeries has different things i'll go back for. Btw, another classic bakery opened in botany there by silver bell and i think it used to be bakers delight or brumbys.....seems like they are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Really? I heard Classic are owned by Malaysian.

Sweetcraze said...

Ya it's owned by Malaysia or at least the one in Greenlane is... =) Really different types of bread they sell depending on where they are from. Btw, Rio and Well Done from Taiwan =)

Jo said...

There is another Classic Bakehouse recently opened in Botany Down/East Tamaki (off Tirakau Rd), and also a Rio there too!

Sweetcraze said...

Hey Jo

Ya I know, they opened Classic Bakery which used to be bakers delight or something and I just went to Rio last weekend hehe and bought their sun pastry. I like their pastry there.