Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mother Chu

My sister in law is here for a visit so brought her to the usual touristy place such as Chinatown and we decided to try out Mother Chu taiwanese crusine. I've only been here twice but this time we tried their Congee with century egg:


Mee sua and green onion pancake:


I haven't had congee for SOOOOOO long and when I put a spoon of congee in my mouth, it was so tasty, and the green onion pancake went well dipped in it too! The pancake seemed fresh with a bit of a crunchy texture which I love.

There's so many other dishes that looked so authentic that I would like to give a try next time! This is somewhere that I would definately come back to get my taiwan fix, however, not for bubble tea just the food =)

In the noon, after all the walking (not that long), we needed a coffee break so after being in Sydney for almost 2 years, I finally visited Max Brenner that everyone raves about especially for their chocolate fondues and pancakes. We were however too full and wanted a coffee fix QUICK! I heard from someone that they used allpress coffee beans which is one of my fav back in Auckland so I decided to give their coffee a try. Both my sis in law and myself agree that their coffee was actually pretty decent and better than other "coffees" out there!

Cappucino in Kangaroo cup, with caramel drizzles over the top and a little chocolate bit at the side.


Name:
Mother Chu's Taiwanese Gourmet

Location:
Chinatown
86-88 Dixon Street
Sydney

Price:
Good

No comments: