Saturday, August 1, 2009

Driving all the way to THE MOUNT just to have afternoon tea!

On our one day road trip to the Mount just to have a drive away, we finally arrive at the Mount and stopped at this cafe by the beach called :


We didn't know which cafe to stop at for afternoon tea and because this had the most people we decided to be swayed by the crowd.

This cafe served the most interesting sides with their hot chocolate. Normally when you order a hot chocolate it will be accompanied by marshmallows and if you're lucky you'll get a chocolate fish. Some cafes like Benedictions or Zarbo gives you a little brownie or cookie at the side. At this cafe however, they gave me a chocolate bar, jaffa and marshmallows!! Talk about chocolate overload!: Their drink was alright but maybe bcause they use organic ingredients it does taste different


I wanted something sweet, they had date scones, blueberry scones and this date loaf that was calling out my name. I thought how boring I am always order the same thing so I decided to order this orange poppyseed cake....oh my goodness I had one bite of it and I couldnt go further. It was very orange-gy? It was too strong for my liking...should have stuck to my usual!!


Marcus was smart, he ordered this kumara cashew soup and it tasted like curry. Not that authentic but it's better than the cake:


Anyway it's always good to go for a day trip and just have a nice time eating somewhere new...lol

No comments: